Sales Development Representative
At Civitas Learning, we believe in building true partnerships and in working hand-in-hand with higher education institutions that are deeply committed to improving student success. Our Sales Development Reps initiate conversations with decision-makers, create excitement around cutting-edge data science tools, and share moments of inspiration when a partner’s mission is in alignment with our work.
We’re looking for dedicated Sales Development Representatives to join our team where you’ll have the opportunity to help us expand our community of forward-thinking partner institutions. You act as the liaison between our Marketing and Sales teams. You will play a fundamental role in achieving our ambitious customer acquisition and revenue growth objectives by generating interest and solidifying initial qualified meetings with prospects. You’ll get to thrive in an environment where creative problem-solving is required, and you will learn to develop a challenger mindset in order to accelerate partner acquisitions.
What you will do as a Sales Development Representative:
- Source new sales opportunities through inbound lead follow-up and outbound cold calls and emails.
- Route qualified opportunities to the appropriate sales executives for further development and closure.
- Identify key players and generate interest in meeting with our Inside Sales Representatives.
- Articulate a vision, help position Civitas Learning distinctly in the minds of prospects, working with them to overcome challenges and objections, and inspiring them to act.
- Work closely with marketing around messages that resonate with our markets.
- Participate in team-building and training, where you will learn from colleagues and continue to hone your ability to add value to your relationships by challenging and problem-solving.
What we’re looking for in a Sales Development Representative:
- Bachelor’s degree and at least 1 year of revelent work experience - bonus points for previous experience working in a fast-paced startup environment and in sales.
- Track record of over-achieving goals.
- Strong phone presence and experience dialing dozens of calls per day.
- Experience working with Salesforce.com or similar CRM.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize, and manage time effectively.
What you are looking for in your career:
- An office full of insanely talented, mission-driven people.
- The chance to use your powers to do something that truly matters.
- Being involved with a once-in-a-generation company, at the cutting edge of technology.
If you have the passion to forge meaningful relationships, the challenger mindset required to keep partners engaged, the ability to understand the bigger picture and to put yourself in the shoes of college and universities faced with the unique challenge and opportunity of designing better pathways to student success, then you belong here.
Civitas Learning partners with universities and colleges dedicated to helping more students learn well and finish strong. We provide tools and services for educators that bring together and make the most of their diverse and disconnected data streams; personalize information and support for their students; and deepen understanding of the impact of their student-success initiatives. Through our work together, our partners are empowering leaders, advisors, faculty, & students—and measurably improving enrollment, persistence, and graduation outcomes.
Today, Civitas Learning is a strategic partner to more than 350 colleges and universities, serving nearly 8 million students. Together with our growing community of partners, Civitas Learning is making the most of the world’s learning data to graduate a million more students per year by 2025.
Civitas Learning offers medical, dental, and vision insurance as well as a 401k plan. We also have a generous flexible, paid time off policy. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability.