Sales Director - Central
Lithium is looking for an experienced Sales Director for our Central territory who has a successful track record of leading teams selling technology platforms. The Sales Director must have demonstrated the ability to work at executive levels across industry verticals, including; Service Provider, Financial Services, Retail, Media and Entertainment, and Energy. This candidate must be located in Austin, TX.
If you're looking to join a growing organization that is fast-paced and innovative, then Lithium is a place for you!
- You're a dynamic sales leader with experience in social media/web 2.0 space.
- You have the strong ability to energize your clients and prospects with your instinctive ability to uncover painpoints and develop spellbinding solutions.
- You have extensive experience selling to executives of large corporations.
- You're an exceptional dealmaker and leader who can negotiate and close new business opportunities, and you are experienced at uncovering customer needs, qualifying leads, creating a pipeline closing business, exceeding revenue targets, and meeting deadlines.
- You have a stellar reputation, and natural ability to have insightful conversations with senior executives.
As a Director of Sales, you will:
- Be responsible for generating new business in existing accounts of Lithium suite of products and in new markets, as well as playing a key role as you drive strategic, enterprise-wide initiatives for companies across all verticals.
- Own regional development, strategy and execution planning.
- Develop cross-department value creation and solution selling.
- Map accounts for key decision makers and influencers, and develop a regional strategy for growing business.
- Ensure new hires are effectively on-boarded and trained through our Sales Training program. This includes coaching, mentoring, enhancing product knowledge and leveraging our tenured team members for knowledge sharing.
- To ensure the smooth and effective handover of customers to the Professional Services team, with ongoing care and attention to ensure 100% reference ability of customers within the region.
What you need to be successful:
- Ability to travel 50%
- 6+ years experience, selling at senior executive levels (CXO), to large, multi-national organizations
- Minimum 5+ years of direct SaaS/Software/Technology experience within large Enterprise accounts. A background in selling CRM solutions - A proven consultative / solution approach to selling
- 5+ years of Sales management experience in software sales
- Proven experience successfully managing and motivating sales individuals to achieve performance goals
- Proven track record in over-achieving quarterly and annual quota. Solid sales forecasting abilities (via Salesforce) and revenue achievement
- Experience to understand which sales milestones to be involved in, and where to drive opportunities. Also to understand where individual contributors must be empowered.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work and influence effectively across organizations both internally and with prospects
- Must have high ethics, integrity, and have a desire to be part of a world-class sales team
- Experience identifying new sales talent, interviewing and building sales team.
- Proven track record of enabling and applying training methodologies with widespread adoption.