SOLUTION SALES EXECUTIVE
Drillinginfo delivers business-critical insights to the global energy industry through a state-of-the-art SaaS platform built on industry-leading data and energy analytics. Our solutions deliver value across the entire energy value chain, empowering customers to be more agile, efficient and competitive. The range of energy industry participants we serve includes exploration and production (E&P) companies and related businesses such as oilfield services, midstream, capital markets, power generators and utilities, energy traders, and downstream commercial & industrial energy consumers.
Why you want this position:
We are currently seeking a highly driven Solutions Sales Executive for our Commodities Data Solutions business. This role offers the opportunity to join a rapidly growing company delivering industry-leading solutions to customers in the world’s most dynamic and fastest growing sector. Drillinginfo is the right company at the right time.
The Solution Sales Executive is expected to generate sales within an assigned territory by pursuing new accounts, creating and delivering technical presentations, and developing a strategy for exceeding quota expectations. The Solutions Sales Executive will be responsible for the continued growth of the business by building and maintaining a robust network of industry contacts to help nurture a pipeline of prospects and leads.
The candidate would benefit from a proven track record of success in a commodity-related field and have inside knowledge of how various businesses in the commodity sector function. This position will be based in Austin, Houston, Chicago or Denver and will report to the Commodity Data Solutions Head of Sales for North America.
- Establish and enhance prospective relationships through targeted campaigns, cold calling, partner relationship building, and lead generation
- Thorough deal qualification.
- To accurately discuss the applicability of our services to the personnel at prospective companies including but not limited to Risk Managers, Executive Level sponsors, Traders, Analysts, Pricing Managers, IT personnel and other related prospects.
- Display a consistent record of success in achieving or exceeding assigned revenue objectives while maintaining high levels of customer satisfaction and integrity
- Travel to prospective client sites and attend conferences as determined by management.
- Create and contribute to both online and in-person demonstrations of DataGenic / MarketView services as well as develop tailored proposals, negotiating when necessary
- Consistently enter and maintain relevant sales data and prospective client correspondence into the appropriate database and systems, including pipeline management, company database and requested reports
- Additional duties may be assigned, as required
Competitive Candidate Profile:
- Recent experience selling to companies in the energy/commodity industry
- Experience selling software solutions highly desirable
- Proven networking, negotiation, qualification and closing skills
- Must possess a polite, professional and appropriate demeanor with all current and potential clients
- Superior communication skills, both verbal and written, with the ability to effectively communicate complex information and adapting it to the end user
- Strong time management and follow-up skills
- Self-motivated and a natural drive to succeed
- Strong analytical and interpersonal skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access and Outlook