Sr. Sales Trainer
What is cool about this jobIn this role you'll be central to the learning experience of Sales Representatives during their first six months on the job and beyond. That will include leading monthly onboarding classes for newly hired reps, evolving the curriculum on an ongoing basis, building new online and classroom-based training content and assets, delivering ad hoc training sessions, providing individual coaching to team members and generally playing a pivotal role in the learning experience of the rapidly growing Sales organization. You will be an integral part of our team of impassioned, creative, and fun-loving learning and development professionals, making a difference in the lives of our employees.The day to day
- You will work with Sales leadership, Product Marketing, and Sales Engineering departments to develop and update the sales learning roadmap.
- You will work closely with sales management to identify performance gaps and provide simple effective training solutions.
- You will work closely with Sales Operations and Sales Enablement to anticipate performance challenges and develop effective training solutions in advance.
- You will support new product launches by developing and delivering associated training.
- You will own the creation and continuous maintenance of training materials, including training documents, presentations, activities, knowledge base articles, knowledge assessments, job-aids, and e-learning courses.
- You will meet regularly with managers and employees and observe work to accurately determine the measurable impact of training on sales rep performance.
- You will solicit feedback from participants and implement improvements in accordance with feedback from Director of Learning and Development and other key partners.
- You will organize sessions with external training partners for more advanced topics.
- You will communicate with all levels of employees and executives on sales training projects and initiatives.
Your expertise and passion
- A deep love of learning, educating, and a commitment to service
- Quota bearing sales experience required (ideally SMB and Enterprise)
- Experience in training a specific sales methodology; experience with the Sandler Sales Methodology preferred
- 5-7 years relevant experience preferred
- Previous experience with WordPress and SaaS is a plus
- Experience in managing service delivery partner programs is a plus
- Experience working with channel management tools including email marketing platforms and digital learning management systems preferred
- Knowledge of the concepts and principles of adult learning and the ability to apply these concepts and practices to training design
- Proficient in curriculum design, ability to design and build programs from strategy to final product
- Consults with business leaders to understand their perspective of learning and development needs and what gaps need to be addressed.
- Conducts research to capture additional perspectives/context and to clarify scope of identified learning and development needs.
- Proposes potential solutions to address learning needs, considering both training and non-training options that would support transfer of learning.
- Writes learning objectives, develops design, and builds materials to reinforce objectives and engage participants in the learning experience (could include classroom presentations, self-guided videos, e-learning, job aids, etc.).
- Demonstrates subject matter expertise and presence by facilitating in a style appropriate for the audience and the session topic
- Collaborative and strong interpersonal relationship skills at all levels
- Strong project management experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong desire and flexibility to be a part of a high growth company with an entrepreneurial spirit and a dynamic, results-oriented culture
The perks and benefits
- Compensation (We offer market competitive salaries)
- Stock Options (Every employee is an owner in the company)
- Health Benefits (100% Paid Employee Medical, Dental, and Vision)
- 401(k) (Make the most of retirement)
- Life and Disability Insurance (100% Paid Life, STD, LTD and AD&D)
- Generous Vacation Time (Who doesn't like time off)
- Transportation (Downtown parking or commuter reimbursement)
- Lunch (Provided Monday – Thursday)
- Gym membership discount