Senior NLP Engineer
We live in a moment of remarkable change and opportunity that is cognitive computing. The convergence of data and technology is transforming industries, society and even the workplace. CognitiveScale is looking for talent to drive market success by building cognitive business solutions.
Seeking for a Sr. Statistical Natural Language Processing (NLP) and Machine Learning Engineer who will analyze large amounts of structured and unstructured data from disparate sources to develop insights and implement sophisticated analytical and predictive models that will drive business strategy, solutions and products. The ideal candidate should be able to help translate business problems into a set of data science/NLP procedures, and solve the same using appropriate algorithms and tools.
- Analyze complex data from various sources to build next-generation ML systems
- Integrate the developed learning models into the production environment
- Estimate the effort involved and skills needed from a machine learning/NLP perspective for a specific customer engagement
- Responsible for understanding industry processes and incorporating them in the solution
- Maintain high standard of quality and adhere to best coding practices.
- Coordinate and work collaboratively with remote teams to ensure smooth delivery
- Be responsible for measuring and optimizing the quality of your algorithms
- Customer facing experience or aspirations
- Ability to travel
Job Specifications (some items below are “nice to have” rather than must-have.)
- Experience with Statistical NLP methods including Deep Learning and Word Embedding
- MS degree in Computer Science/Engineering, Computational Linguistics or related quantitative field with 5 years of relevant experience or Ph.D degree in Computer Science/Engineering or related quantitative field
- Experience with scripting languages such as Java, Python, and shell scripts
- Strong interest in and knowledge of Artificial Intelligence and its subfields
- Experience with open-source NLP toolkits or packages such as CoreNLP, OpenIE, and NLTK
- Experience with open-source ML/math toolkits such as scikit-learn, MLlib, Tensorflow/Keras/Pytorch, etc.
- Experience with noisy and/or unstructured textual data (e.g. social data)
- Published work in academic conferences/journals or industry circles.
- Strong verbal and written communication; position will involve some engagement with customers as well as internal algorithm sciences team
- Strong organizational, multi-tasking and time management skills
- High-energy, detail-oriented, and proactive with the ability to function under pressure in an independent environment
- Strong ability to collaborate with a global development team
- Experience working with international customers
- Strong understanding of business processes
CognitiveScale is an Equal Opportunity Employer. CognitiveScale does not discriminate against any applicant for employment because of age, gender, sexual orientation, race, religion, national origin, ethnicity, veteran status, or disability.