Senior Product Designer
We are Duo
Our mission is to protect the mission of our customers like Facebook, Twitter, and Etsy by making security simple. We’re a diverse crew of makers and builders, skaters and coders, filmmakers and DJ’s, teachers and students brought together by a shared belief in adding value to the world. This diversity allows us to bring an empathetic approach to solve some of the most complex global business and security challenges faced today.
A Senior Designer at Duo is…
- Someone who thinks strategically about UX / UI design… utilizes business rationale as a design tool.
- Someone who works with Project Managers, Engineers and others to establish and clarify project requirements and convert them into design solutions.
- Someone who can convincingly communicate design solutions that solve business problems.
- Someone who can design for the future, but understand the time and technology constraints of now.
- Someone who is a ‘player/coach’… hands-on design and mentoring junior designers.
- Someone who has the ability to create (and lead others to create) appropriate design deliverables.
What you’ll do…
Senior Product Designers serve as leading figures in the design of new and innovative features. Although individual designers report directly to the Product Design Manager, the Sr. Product Designer is expected to lead and oversee the work of their specific project team, and set the bar for quality. Sr Product Designers work closely with Design Researchers, Product Managers, Engineers to develop new customer-facing features — both mobile and web.
Sr Product Designers lead large, multi-quarter initiatives that are strategically important to Duo. They help shape the overall product strategy, by applying their domain expertise in security, SaaS, and enterprise software, and take an active role in advocating for Human-Centered Design processes. Sr Product Designers develop their team’s skills through regular design reviews, mentorship and strive to elevate the quality of the entire design team’s work.
Skills you have…
- 10+ years of professional (post-college) work in User Experience Design
- Developed deep expertise in Interaction Design and Information Architecture
- Demonstrable experience designing complex web and mobile applications
- Experience leading and performing design research efforts
- Expert knowledge of Sketch, Adobe Creative Suite, or other design software
- Expert knowledge of Marvel, InVision, or other prototyping software
- Experience working as part of a cross-functional product design/development team
- Experience with creating and presenting design solutions to key stakeholders
Why you should apply…
You thrive having the autonomy to operate in a challenging problem space
You look at ambiguity as opportunities and not problems
You work best in teams of high-performers focused on a common goal
You are delighted when your end-users are delighted and frustrated when they are frustrated
You love sharing your passion for design with others