Senior Software Engineer
WP Engine is seeking a Sr. Software Developer that loves to build incredible things. This person will work closely with all members of product, development and engineering teams to help build on our world-class platform.
WHAT IS COOL ABOUT THIS JOB
At WP Engine, you have the opportunity to work with innovative technologies and build tools that will impact thousands of customers. We are focused on building software that brings additional value to WP Engine by delivering high quality, incremental solutions regularly. As a Senior Software Developer, you will be responsible for building and automating tools on our platform to make it more secure, highly scalable, and extremely reliable. In addition, this team is also focused on creating internal tools that enable the Support, Finance, and Sales teams to do their best every single day.
As part of the team, you'll tackle many complex engineering challenges and work with products and problems that include: adding caching, analytics, and profiling functionality that's surrounds WordPress (making it even better!). We are looking for someone to continue evolving the architecture of our platform-updating and expanding our already diverse and innovative technology stack.
THE DAY TO DAY
- Writing clean code with a focus on quality, testability, and continuous delivery.
- Providing value to each product through small incremental code changes accelerating positive impact to our customers.
- Identifying immediate opportunities for automation and the ability to plan for what can be automated in the future.
- Researching new technologies and incorporating them into new systems and products.
- Writing, testing, integrating, debugging, and troubleshooting software applications.
- Being a part of a passionate and collaborative team focused on challenging each other to be better.
YOUR EXPERTISE AND PASSION
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science (or a related field) OR equivalent experience.
- Experience writing high quality, maintainable, and highly usable web applications (in any language, PHP/Ruby/Python preferred.).
- You are a natural problem solver, have an inquisitive personality, and enjoy the challenge of big problems.
- You are passionate about working alongside customers to determine what solution best fits their needs.
- You have excellent written and oral communication skills and enjoy working as a part of a team to accomplish goals.
- You are excited by the flexibility and dynamic nature of a startup environment.
THE PERKS & BENEFITS
- Compensation (We offer market competitive salaries)
- Stock Options (Every employee is an owner in the company)
- Health Benefits (100% Paid Employee Medical, Dental, and Vision)
- 401(k) (Make the most of retirement)
- Life and Disability Insurance (100% Paid Life, STD, LTD and AD&D)
- Generous Vacation Time (Who doesn't like time off)
- Transportation (Downtown parking or commuter reimbursement)
- Lunch (Provided Monday – Thursday)
- Gym membership discount
Check us out on social #wpeculture