Senior Software Engineer - Infrastructure
WP Engine is seeking a Sr. Software Engineer with a passion for infrastructure automation that loves to build incredible technology solutions that deliver justifiable business value. This person will work closely with all members of product, development and engineering teams to help build on our world-class platform.
WHAT IS COOL ABOUT THIS JOB
At WP Engine, you have the opportunity to work with innovative technologies and build tools that will impact thousands of customers. We are focused on building software that brings additional value to WP Engine by delivering high quality, incremental solutions regularly. As a Senior Software Engineer, you will be responsible for building and automating tools on our platform to make it more secure, highly scalable, and extremely reliable. We’re a research and development department -- so for us, the most important part of the work is learning.
As part of the team, you’ll tackle many complex engineering challenges and work with products and problems that include technologies like Python, Golang, Kubernetes, Docker, and Ansible to programmatically create, automatically provision, and orchestrate WP Engine’s infrastructure components in our relevant promotion environments. We are looking for someone to continue evolving the architecture of our platform—updating and expanding our already diverse and innovative technology stack to lead the delivery of astounding digital experiences online for our customers.
THE DAY TO DAY
- Working within your hardened Agile team to deliver on product increments and goals.
- Writing clean code with a focus on quality, testability, and continuous delivery.
- Providing value to each product through small incremental code changes accelerating positive impact to our customers.
- Identifying immediate opportunities for automation and the ability to plan for what can be automated in the future.
- Researching new technologies and incorporating them into new systems and products.
- Writing, testing, integrating, debugging, and troubleshooting software applications.
- Being a part of a passionate and collaborative team focused on challenging each other to be better.
- Being a champion for predictability, architecting resilient and robust systems, and drive accelerated delivery of objectives.
YOUR EXPERTISE AND PASSION
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science (or a related field) OR equivalent experience.
- 5-7 year of writing high quality, maintainable, deployable, testable, and highly usable software applications (in any language, Python/Golang/C++/PHP preferred).
- You have experience building distributed systems as scale.
- You have production experience with containerization technologies (Docker and Kubernetes).
- You are a natural problem solver, have an inquisitive personality, and enjoy the challenge of big problems.
- You are passionate about working alongside customers to determine what solution best fits their needs.
- You have experience solving problems with multi-tenancy at scale in the cloud.
- You enjoy working in an Agile Scrum environment.
- You have excellent written and oral communication skills and enjoy working as a part of a team to accomplish goals.
- You are excited by the flexibility and dynamic nature of a startup environment.
THE PERKS & BENEFITS
- Competitive Compensation
- Stock Options (Every employee is an owner in the company)
- Health Benefits (100% Paid Employee Medical, Dental, and Vision)
- Life and Disability Insurance (100% Paid Life, STD, LTD and AD&D)
- Generous Vacation Time
- Downtown parking or commuter reimbursement
- Lunch (Provided Monday – Thursday)
- Gym membership discount