Senior Technical Program Manager
We are seeking a Technical Program Manager to join ourproduct engineering organization and help us evolve our ecommerce capabilitiesto create a competitive advantage in the vacation rental marketplace. As thescrum master for a product delivery team, you will be asked to draw on yourindustry expertise and agile experience to help the team focus on continuousimprovement and predictable delivery.
Working with our team requires a unique blend of businessacumen and technical skills. You will partner with the product manager(s) tounderstand and communicate the product requirements, documented as JIRA storiesin the product backlog. You will also work closely with the development lead toensure the implementation follows the technical vision and leverages ourmarketplace platform architecture. You will have a healthy appetite for dataand will help facilitate data-driven decisions within the team. With an eyetowards continuous improvement, you will capitalize on agile coachingopportunities.
- Take on the role of scrum master for one or two productdelivery teams, facilitating the team’s scrum ceremonies.
- Capitalize on agile coaching opportunities to help the team focuson continuous improvement.
- Partner with the product and engineering lead(s) toensure the team’s roadmap and backlog are maintained and are properly phased tofacilitate timely delivery of functionality.
- Remove roadblocks across the organization, knowing whento tackle and when to finesse the resolution.
- Monitor the team’s development velocity.
- Communicate status, risks with resolution plans,upcoming milestones, and recent releases to leadership teams.
- Participate in a scrum of scrums to facilitatecommunication and solution delivery across multiple teams.
- Serve as the program management ambassador for yourteam(s) in cross-functional programs.
- 5-7 years of Program/Project Management experience in a high-techcompany, preferably in a B2C ecommerce environment.
- Scrum master certification.
- Broad experience driving agile software development,preferably including agile coaching or training
- Demonstrated ability to help teams continuously improve.
- High level of initiative, passion, and desire to createa world-class user experience for customers.
- Demonstrated expertise in best practices for softwaredevelopment, and the ability to evolve those practices according to technologyand business trends.
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills,including the ability to present complex concepts to highly engineering andnon-engineering stakeholders.
- Comfortable presenting to large internal groups andleadership team members.
- Understanding of N-Tier software developmentarchitectures, relational and NoSQL databases, cloud architecture, and datawarehouse architectures.
- Experience as a Business Analyst (BA) and/or Developer inengineering software environments strongly desired.
- BA/BS required preferably in Computer Information Systems,Business Administration or related fields (applicable experience may besubstituted).
- Competitive health and insurance benefits
- Competitive salary
- Annual target bonus or commission
- Paid vacation and sick time
- Vacation rental on a yearly basis (taxablebenefit)
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Free snacks and beverages
- Frequent company update talks with our leadershipteam
- Free listing on HomeAway.com
- Electronic, adjustable stand-up desk
- Discounted Metro & Rail pass