Software Engineer II - Ruby
BigCommerce, named a "Best Place to Work" in Austin 2016 is looking for an up and coming Ruby engineer who wants to join a well-established, fast-paced team in the exciting and rapidly growing e-commerce industry.
What You’ll Do
You’ll work on our marketplace for apps and themes which enables third party vendors to provide additional functionality (apps) and style (themes) to our merchants’ online storefronts. You’ll work with cross-functional teams to collaborate and design out the best solutions and coordinate with the team around you to implement those designs through individual code contribution while being given opportunities to grow in your career.
- Learn to build highly-available distributed systems
- Learn code that is performant, maintainable, testable, clear, and concise
- Work closely with other engineers to decompose our current codebases into a SOA
Who You Are
- At least 2 years of professional experience as a Software Engineer
- At least 1 years of professional experience with Ruby / Ruby on Rails
- Willingness to jump into some PHP/Craft CMS to push solutions forward
- Familiarity with Agile methodologies a plus
- Understanding and preference for automated testing
- Desire to work in a collaborative, open environment
- Highly proactive and results-oriented with excellent critical thinking skills
- Excited to learn new technologies
- Experience with relational databases
- Experience with e-commerce and SaaS platforms desirable, but not required
BigCommerce is a robust, flexible ecommerce platform that provides established and emerging brands with everything they need to launch, promote, manage and scale a successful online store. BigCommerce merchants earn more than retailers on competitive ecommerce solutions thanks to advanced features, better site performance and streamlined business processes. Founded in 2009, the company has received more than $100 million in funding from SoftBank Capital, American Express, Telstra Ventures, General Catalyst, Revolution Growth and FLOODGATE. BigCommerce supports thousands of retailers around the world from its offices in San Francisco, Austin and Sydney.
We’re a team of smart, passionate and talented people on a mission to democratize commerce. If you’re looking to work with industry leaders and love what you do, we want to hear from you!
Perks & Benefits
- An amazing company culture that doesn’t just talk values, but lives them
- Open vacation policy for salaried team members and generous accrual vacation policy for hourly team members, + paid sick time
- Competitive compensation packages and meaningful stock grants for every employee
- Comprehensive health insurance coverage that starts on day one
- Fully stocked kitchens and craft beers (don’t worry, we also subsidize gym memberships)
- Three especially cool offices in Austin, San Francisco and Sydney
- A free online store to help you live out your entrepreneurial dreams
- Employee-driven teambuilding activities like paintball, rock climbing, social sports leagues, hackathons, movie nights, river floats, etc.
- Time off for volunteering and employee-driven charity events