Sr. Hadoop Data Engineer
We are looking for Data Engineers to join Analytics Platform team, whose focus is to build simple, fast, easy and reliable self-service data products to democratize data for product and business teams. As a data Engineer on Analytics Platform,you will focus on building scalable data pipelines and simple self-service solutions. Success in this role comes from marrying a strong data & analytics engineering background, product and business acumen to deliver scalable technical solutions that can enable self-service advanced analytics at HomeAway.
What we look for:
Flawless Execution, Engineering Excellence, Tech Savvy, Business & Product acumen, Creative Problem solver
- Build and support scalable and durable data solutions that can enable self-service advanced analytics atHomeAway using both traditional (SQL server) and modern DW technologies (Hadoop,Spark, Cloud, NoSQL etc.) in an agile manner
- Support HomeAway’s product and business team’s specific data and reporting needs on a global scale
- Close partnership with internal partners from Engineering, product, and business (Sales, Customer Experience, Marketing etc.).
- Bachelor’s or Master’sDegree in Computer Science or Engineering or related experience required.
- 6+ years of EDW development experience including 2+ years in Big data & Cloud space (i.e. building data pipelines in Hadoop, AWS), working with Petabytes of data
- Development experience using Spark, Scala, Hive, S3, Kafka streams and APIs.
- Experience with Clickstream data is highly desirable.
- Experience with of all aspects of data systems (both Big data and traditional) including database design, ETL/ELT, aggregation strategy, performance optimization.
- Product and business acumen.
- Experience in eCommerce or Internet industry preferred.