Staff Software Engineer, Backend
Who You Are
- You take pride in mentoring junior and other senior engineers and consider the progress of your team members a key indicator of your performance.
- You have experience building, scaling, and maintaining a highly available API hosted in a public cloud.
- You understand the nuances and challenges that come with building an API that supports native apps.
- You believe people produce their best work when they maintain work-life balance, but also know there are times when delivery is paramount and embrace the accountability that comes with that.
- You’re skilled in building consensus with a team to get everyone committed to delivering a larger vision than they could execute on their own.
- You’re committed to learning and believe that every day you do not progress as a technologist is a day that you’re falling behind.
- You give your teammates first dibs on the “exciting” work and make a point of being the first to volunteer for the unglamorous stuff that keeps the system running smoothly.
What You'll Do
- You’ll mentor and guide with your experience a talented group of early and mid-career engineers.
- You’ll foster and enhance a culture built around standard methodologies for testing, automation, and monitoring.
- You will develop a deep understanding of the business and use that knowledge to collaboratively build a roadmap for the next major iteration of the API to support where the business is heading.
- You’ll bring expertise in distributed systems to improve reliability, scalability, and performance of an API serving millions of customers.
- You’ll be a core contributor to open source projects developed by RetailMeNot to power the APIs that our native apps utilize.
Who We Are
- We believe our technologists should make technology decisions and give our engineers a great deal of freedom to define a technical roadmap that solves the problem optimally
- We believe that the role of engineering leadership is to create and maintain an organization that empowers engineers to build efficiently
- We devote a ton of effort and resources to hiring and retaining our best engineers because we believe that extraordinary engineers are only happy working with other extraordinary engineers
- We are truly a polyglot company that utilizes dynamic and static languages, some functional, and others object oriented in nature, to power key parts of our infrastructure
- We use the newest service offerings of public cloud providers, as well as important open source technologies such as Docker
- We believe in helping you achieve your career goals
- We provide competitive base and bonus packages, a Long Term Incentive Plan, and great health and wellness benefits including a best-in-class parental leave policy
- We have a great open vacation policy
- We'll provide you with food, food, and more food
- We award you with prizes, bonuses, and recognition for doing what you love
- We also provide cell phone and fitness reimbursements
- We'll take care of your downtown parking or provide transportation reimbursement if you'd rather walk, bike, or use public transportation.
RewardsWe offer an opportunity to be an integral part of a company that eagerly pursues disruption in its space to continue to drive innovation and lead the competition. Benefits of being an employee of RetailMeNot, Inc. include, but are not limited to the following: - Competitive base & bonus packages; salary negotiable- Long Term Incentive Plan- Performance based rewards & recognition for your hard work and service- Very competitive benefits packages, including best-in-class parental leave- Open & flexible PTO- Cell phone & gym membership reimbursements- Fully stocked break room & onsite catered breakfasts & lunches multiple days/week About UsRetailMeNot, Inc. is a leading digital savings destination connecting consumers with retailers, restaurants and brands, both online and in-store. The company enables consumers across the globe to find hundreds of thousands of digital offers to save money while they shop or dine out. U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Information Individuals seeking employment at RetailMeNot, Inc. are considered without regards to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or sexual orientation. You are being given the opportunity to provide the following information in order to help us align with federal and state Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action record keeping, reporting, and other legal requirements.