Senior Sales Engineer
Schoology is one of the fastest growing education technology companies, with millions of users across the world. We are giving educators all the tools they need to more easily personalize education and improve student outcomes, but in a way that works easily with their current systems and teaching approach. We’ve evolved the traditional learning management system into an educational cloud: a platform that connects the people, content, and systems that fuel education.
Working at Schoology offers you a chance to help solve the most important challenges in education in an environment that’s fun, collaborative and innovative. We are looking for smart, creative individuals who are passionate about education and aren't afraid to show it.
Why we need you:
Our Global Sales Engineering team is involved in the entire pre-sales lifecycle, teaming up with sales to ensure our software is in the hands of as many teachers and schools in the world as possible.
This team specifically owns the technical and product aspect of the sale and creates clear and concise presentations, demonstrations and pilots for prospects as part of the solutions sales process.
As a Senior Sales Engineer, you will:
- Create clear and concise presentations, demonstrations and proof of concepts associated with active sales opportunities and deliver them to prospects as part of a solutions sales process
- Work together with sales to explore opportunities from the technical perspective, and collaboratively set the opportunity pursuit strategy
- Develop the strategy to resolve technical impediments while scoping out product and security integration solutions
- Work hands-on with Schoology Product Engineering teams to demonstrate and prototype integrations in customer/partner environments
- Make recommendations on integration strategies, platforms, application infrastructures, security and LDAP/SSO models
- Work in conjunction with sales and operations to develop timely and professional responses to assigned sections of RFPs and RFIs
- Conduct in-depth functional evaluations of customer requirements and business objectives
- Serve a technical advisory capacity on complex enterprise opportunities that require domain expertise on specific use cases (e.g. archiving & compliance, technical integrations, etc.)
In order to succeed in this position, you will have:
- Deep technical skills (programming, UX design, data analytics and software architecture, etc.) with analytical problem solving skills
- Experience with education technologies such as student information systems (SIS) and/or learning management systems (LMS)
- Quick thinking, flexible, creative, and analytical skills
- The ability to read situations and react accordingly
- Strong presentation and public speaking skills
- The willingness to travel as required
Bonus points for:
- Programming proficiency
- Experience working with SAML
- Experience working with RESTful APIs
- Experience with ETL tools like Talend and SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS)
- Experience working with edTech industry platforms, such as Google Classroom, Blackboard, Canvas, Ellucian, Skyward, Jenzabar, Illuminate, etc.
- Experience working in an enterprise sales environment.
All team members at Schoology are expected to embody our Core Values which are Passion, Collaboration, Innovation, Curiosity and Integrity.
Our mission is to continuously advance what is possible in education. You in?
Schoology is an Equal Opportunity Employer and embraces diversity of every kind.