Modernize is seeking a talented and enthusiastic Visual Designer to imagine, prototype, iterate and optimize the next generation of our online products. The Visual Designer values user experiences that are creative, seamless, effective, thoughtful and always delightful for our varied audiences.
In this role, you will work closely with product and engineering to successfully take your ideas from early stage concepts to launch within a fast-paced, collaborative, and fun environment.
As a data-lead company, we owe our success to metrics that validate our business strategies. The right candidate is passionate about the power of data, embraces the changes in the world around us and understands that our success comes from helping others succeed. You are a change manager always happy to educate others on the value of great design and user experiences.
What you'll be doing:
- Create prototypes, interactive mock-ups, and full pixel-perfect designs of user workflows and landing pages for multiple screen sizes
- Support usability testing and iterate designs to improve conversion and overall experience for contractors and homeowners
- Collaborate with product and engineering throughout the product development lifecycle to iterate on and deliver a user experience that meets the highest quality bar
- Help imagine new features and future product experiences for our contractors and homeowners
- Develop and maintain detailed design documentation, including specifications and redlines
- Ability to prioritize and manage workload to adhere to critical project timelines in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to problem solve through conceptual thinking, while paying meticulous attention to details
- Exceptional communication skills to explain design decisions to the team and stakeholders
- Desire to listen to feedback and use constructive criticism to better influence your designs
- Help the team produce the best work possible through a strong understanding of design aesthetics such as typography, photography, composition, layout and color; experience working within a style guide is a plus
What you need:
- Must have a strong portfolio featuring examples of graphic, visual or interactive design work
- A degree in Graphic Design or related field, or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Experience ideating and creating online advertisements, including banners and paid social (Facebook/IG/Pinterest)
- Solid understanding of, or desire to learn, user-centered design principles and interactive design patterns related to web and mobile design
- An understanding and appreciation for how design can influence conversion rate
- Proficient with many popular design tools including: Sketch, Photoshop, Illustrator, PowerPoint, InDesign, Invision, Google Drive
Who you are:
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Motivated, driven, and works well independently and with a team
- Looking for the opportunity to join a fast growing Product team
Nice to have’s:
- Experience designing workflows, wireframes or conducting user research
- Experience with A/B testing tools like Optimizely, VWO, etc.