VP of Engineering
How many times have you called into a business and quickly become frustrated? Providing your account number over and over again. Long silences while the rep looks up basic information. It’s an everyday stressor that’s outdated and unnecessary. It’s also why we started Tenfold.
Our software enables businesses to have better customer conversations. When you talk to a company using Tenfold, the rep has all your relevant information right in front of them, in one place. The important details about you are no longer hidden from the person trying to serve you. Best of all, it works in real-time and behind the scenes. Our mission is to put bad customer service out of business, on the phone or wherever it may hide.
We are the fastest growing startup in Austin, growing from 40 people to 120 people since April with with no signs of slowing down. We are the only Series-A company funded by Andreessen Horowitz in Texas.
As our VP of Engineering, you will be building and leading a world-class engineering team across the entire stack, from our 200+ integrations on the backend to our responsive and intuitive frontend, through our AWS-based services infrastructure, all the way down to the predictive engine: with key investments in machine learning, Natural Language Processing, predictive dialing and large-scale data processing.
You are as comfortable leading a team to create a great user experience as you are organizing Backend Engineers, Quality Engineering, Data Scientists and Production Support Engineering. You know how to create and energize high-performing engineering teams, providing the guidance, structure, and care they need to write great code in a high expectation working environment.
You will define our engineering direction, craft engineering process improvements, working directly with the CEO as well as collaboratively with Product Management, User Experience design, and business leaders across Sales, Marketing, Support and Customer Success at Tenfold. You will work to improve and define the long-term architecture while working through implementation details for immediate engineering execution.
Watch our Demo Video - https://vimeo.com/246701403
Culture Video - https://vimeo.com/229746298
We’d love to hear from you if:
- You have previous experience as an executive engineering leader focused on enterprise SaaS, especially in rapid-growth startup environments.
- You know how to partner with product and design to build compelling products on schedule and can tactically organize these efforts.
- You care about the quality and details of the products you create, and measure success by the love that customers have for your product.
- You allow your team to experiment, and can break work down into meaningful chunks that allow for learning and growth.
- You are a results-minded leader who knows how to capitalize on the diverse strengths of people around you to succeed.
- You are an effective mentor and leader who stays current on technical trends and understands tradeoffs between what is going to benefit our customer base versus the coolest next technology.
- You have strong experience partnering with recruiting and building teams to create an environment where people are passionate about working with you and for you.
- You have a passion for A/B testing and building software by understanding how users utilize the software your team builds.
- You have a point of view but are low ego.
What you bring to the table:
- BS degree in Computer Science, Mathematics or equivalent experience
- 6+ years related experience leading engineering organizations in technology-oriented SaaS startups or companies building enterprise software
- Experience building, managing and scaling talented engineering teams composed of local and remote members
- Can lead a team of 25+ engineers and feel confident you can grow that team in the next year to a 50+ person organization.
- Expertise in some or all of the organization’s technologies:
- Kafka, Distributed Log or other real-time processing services
- AWS, Google Cloud, Azure or other cloud hosting services
- Docker / Kubernetes (container technologies)
- NoSQL databases (MongoDB, Cassandra, Hadoop, etc.)
- Experience with HashiCorp tools or AWS management tools.
- Continuous deployment and Continuous Integration practices
- Automation Testing and frameworks like Selenium, Mocha, or Jasmine.
The Perks & Benefits
- Competitive salaries
- Stock Options (become an owner in the company)
- Incentive compensation based on successful attainment of measured goals
- Employee medical and dental coverage
- Short and long-term disability
- Life and AD&D Insurance
- Generous vacation time
- 24/7 parking near UT Campus in Austin
- Rapidly growing organization poised for growth and career development
- A beautiful office space with lots of natural lighting
- Exciting customer base and quality opportunities for advancement
- Austin Hottest Startups Watch list
- Austin A-List best businesses in Growth phase