* Review and assess existing enterprise data-driven applications, to support new features, performance improvements, upgrades, and ongoing sustainment.
* Identify areas of instability and deviations from best practices with database components.
* Analyze large, complex systems to determine performance bottlenecks, application bugs, and opportunities to improve efficiency.
* Capture and analyze database activity to identify improvements in indexing, file structure, maintenance processes, and query performance.
* Participate in performance, load, and stress testing, and remediation of issues identified.
* Participate in efforts to design, implement, and support enterprise scale applications that perform extract/transform/load (ETL) operations with external data sources and SQL Server.
* Participate in all aspects of the application lifecycle: requirements analysis & definition, system design, implementation, testing, deployment, and sustainment.
* Participate in activities that ensure the successful use of these systems including: developing documentation, test scripts, and training materials.